navigation: last but not least

You guys will not believe this.

I know I'm not.
It's like almost too good to be true!

After like four months of moping about the older/home/newer buttons at the bottom being gone, I have...drum roll please, because this is really stellar...

...finally found a way to get them back!

So scroll down to the bottom of the page. What do you see? YAY! You see the beautiful older/home/newer posts that are like gold to me. They're the last thing on the blog (basically) but I'm never ever ever going to think they're the least thing that's vital to my blog. I love those things, now. Right now. It might change sometime.

but this is really the crazy part:
OK, first let's back up. Go to Blogger > Template > Customize > Advanced > Add CSS. Well, at the top I had put in the code
#blog-pager {
display: none;
}
and saved it.

Doing that removed the older/home/newer buttons at the bottom.

But this is the crazy part: this is how I got them back.

I removed the code. 

I highlighted it and then hit backspace.

WHAT!?

I know! Is that it!? Well, actually, yes, it is. How could that be? I was positive I had tried that! That's why I spent countless hours searching for a way to remove it instead of just erasing it. Because I had tried erasing it (highlight, backspace) but it never worked. At least I think I had done that before... I don't really know why it would still be there if I had done that, but maybe I had just put it back in afterwards.

But you just do not know how thrilled and happy I am. 

If you clicked on the post link I gave you at the top of this post, and if you took time to read it (I didn't, so don't bother... it's nothing, really. Just some petty thing about boo hoo not having the home button, big deal right), you'll notice something I said...
If I had the home, older/newer post buttons I would be burning rubber like yes! let's do something!
So, hey, let's burn some rubber.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comments with language or irrelevant content will be deleted within 3 days of posting. But don't hesitate to speak your piece.